THE OFFICIAL HOME OF
GOREY HOCKEY CLUB
Gorey Junior Hockey Club 2022/2023
Welcome to another season at Gorey Hockey Club, starting back on Monday 5th September in Enniscorthy and Friday 9th September in The Stables. Here is some information you might find helpful as well as links for paying membership and Hockey Ireland registration.
Membership this year remains the same;
1st child €80
2nd child €70
3rd child €60
4th child €50
Plus €30 per family if your child trains on a Monday or a Thursday night (this helps us cover the cost of hiring the astro pitch in Enniscorthy)
Membership can be paid on our website www.goreyhc.com or by clicking https://www.ecomm-pay.com/goreyhc/
Players also have to register with Hockey Ireland, our governing body. The club are no longer allowed to do this for you. Please follow this link to register https://membership.mygameday.app/regoform.cgi?aID=29011&pKey=9622490fd805d20c6e62ff6105fa7ee6&formID=103347
The €10 cost also pays for your child’s insurance so if you do not register your child is not insured to play.
Please make sure you have completed both club membership and Hockey Ireland registration as soon as possible.
· There are also what’s app groups for each age group to arrange blitzes etc and please reply promptly when requested on these groups. Let us know if you have not been included in these.
· For reasons beyond our control, we may need to change training times occasionally. You will be notified via what’s app if this happens.
· Gum shields and shin pads must be worn to all training sessions, please make sure your child has these before you leave home!
· Club colours must be worn at blitzes; red or club top, navy shorts/skort/tracksuit bottoms and red socks. If you would like to purchase club merchandise you can do so through the following link;
· This club is run by volunteers, without whom hockey would not happen. Please offer to help with supervision, fundraising and coaching during the year, you do not need to know anything about hockey!!!
· Should any issues in relation to child protection arise during the year the Club Children’s Officer is Bridget Kelly (087 8246530) and the Club Designated Liaison Person is Lorna Stephens (087 2628048).
· Club policies in relation to child protection, data protection, codes of conduct, code of ethics, complaints and disciplinary procedures are available on our website www.goreyhc.com
Looking forward to another great year of hockey. If you have any questions please contact your coach and they will help you out.
DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO TRAINING IF YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSE HAS SYMPTOMS OF COVID -19